Call to Schedule a Property Showing!
A Relocation Checklist for Retirees
Congratulations you’re ready to move to a new or resale home in PebbleCreek, AZ! There are a lot of things that you need to do. As you start working on your “to do list”, consider adding the following things:
- Contact the moving company to schedule their services.
- Reorganize your household items and downsize as much as possible. As you start to pack things, make sure to label where they will go in your house.
- Gather all of your important legal documents, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates, social security cards, tax records, will, life insurance policies, funeral instructions, etc., and keep them in a safe place.
- Order checks with your new address printed on them.
- Contact your insurance agent to alert them to your move. Find out how your policy will change based on your new home.
- Request copies of your medical history or have them sent to your new physician and dentist.
- Get prescriptions to cover the first few months after relocating.
- Talk to your financial adviser and lawyer about the ramifications of selling your home and moving.
- Check for local chapters of any clubs or organizations of which you are a member.
- Disconnect the utilities at your old home, and arrange to have utilities put in your name at your new place.
Your dream about living in a retirement community is about to come true! Moving somewhere new is both exciting and stressful, we hope our checklist helps reduce the stress by helping you organize the steps that you need to take to make sure that you don’t forget anything or leave anything behind.
Mary Couzens Realty specializes in new and resale homes for sale in Pebblecreek, AZ; as well as helping our buyers through the relocation process.